Lead Pastor–Rev. Rachel Fraumann
Pastor Rae (She/Her) began her ministry at Hedding Church on July 1, 2019 after two decades of youth and young adult ministries at various churches in New Jersey and Vermont. She graduated from Ramapo College in 2000 with a Bachelors of Science in Physics and from Drew Theological School in 2008 with a Masters in Divinity.
Rae was ordained in June of 2019 along with the largest ordination and commissioning class in the history of the New England Annual Conference! Rae has been particularly excited about joining the Hedding family of faith because of a shared passion for social justice and community outreach! She is excited to be working with both staff and volunteers at Hedding as a visible witness of God’s love through faithful action in the community!
Rae can often be found outside playing, gardening, or just sitting in the sunshine enjoying the beauty of God’s magnificent creation. Her love of creation dovetails nicely with her contemplative spiritual practices all of which center and ground her daily life. Music also nourishes her spirit and she loves to share her voice and guitar with the community. Rae is married to her beloved partner Kurt and together they are raising two amazing children: Anya and Lia.
Community Pastor – Rev. Renaldo Azotea
Rev. Renny (He/Him) has been the Community Pastor at Hedding Church since 2006. He is married to Phyllis Azotea and has two grown children Eric and Misty along with two grandchildren, Gabe and Sierra.
- Ordained while serving as facility director at Grace Fellowship Church in Johnson City TN.
- Earned an associate degree in Christian Education while serving at Grace Fellowship
- Served as the Interfaith Hospitality Coordinator at Grace Fellowship
- Served on the board of directors for Feeding The Multitude program in Elizabethton Tennessee
- Did an eight month internship at Haven of Mercy Homeless shelter in Johnson City TN
- Is a Vietnam Era Veteran having served in the US Navy
- Was one of the founding board directors’ for the Veteran’s Place in Northfield VT
- Former Pastor of Grace UMC in Plainfield VT and the United Church of Marshfield in Marshfield VT
Rev. Renny moved to Vermont to be close to aging family members. He has a passion for people who are struggling with day to day survival . He enjoys cooking the free community suppers and getting others involved with the outreach mission. He also oversees the volunteer staff at Heddings’ Bread of Life food shelf. He is responsible for the distribution of benevolence funds to help folks that need a hand up when they get behind on their living expenses. Renny has been serving at Hedding for almost thirteen years and hopes for many more.
Music Ministry Director – Charlene Helman
Charlene brings a variety of musical styles and forms to our worship, leading both our traditional choir and our praise band. She cultivates our understanding and experience of music as worship.
She welcomes newcomers to our choir. A good ear is important, but reading music is not essential to being a member of the choir. Choir rehearsals are Thursdays at 7. Contact Charlene to get involved:
Administrative Assistant – Kelly DeFelice
Kelly (She/Her) keeps things running smoothly and is the voice of Hedding UMC!